[Savannah-register-public] [task #10770] Submission of simo abdi

From: Mario Castelán Castro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10770] Submission of simo abdi
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 04:08:08 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => marioxcc

Follow-up Comment #1:

2010-11-21 in GNU Savannah task #10770: "Submission of simo abdi".

Hi.

You sent a proprietary software zipball: the terms of its "license"
violates the user rights we consider essential.  If you are not
familiar with our philosphy please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html.

We urge you to release the software under a free software license,
this is: some which meets the free software definition and hence
respects the essential user rights.  The GNU project usually suggest
the GNU General Public License for software
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) and the GNU Free Documentation
License for documentation (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html).
There is a list of the most common free software and documentation
licenses in http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html.

We would be glad to host this, or another software/documentation at
GNU Savannah which is free (As in freedom).  Our mission in the GNU
project and therefore in GNU Savannah, is to promote free software; we
think proprietary software is unacceptable as you may read in the
philosphy section.

Do you agree to release this software under a free software license?.

In addition to being proprietary there are other issues with the
submission: The provided extended project name and system name don't
match with the zipball, which uses "Pro Chat Rooms".  The description
provided talks about a privacy policy statement, don't describes the
project.  Dependencias are missing.

Please fix the project license; for instance, if you want to use the
GNU GPL see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html, and resubmit
the project.  This time please attend the check list before ticking
it.

Bear in mind non-compilance means we (Both you and us, as evaluators)
will spend extra time with the registration process.  We are
volunteers and have limited time to distribute among several submited
projects and other tasks.  You can check this in
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group=administration.  We will
appreciate if you can also help us with these tasks.  More information
regarding how to help with project evaluation can be found at
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToBecomeASavannahHacker and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2010-03/msg00035.html.

Don't hesitate to ask us any dobut you have regarding the registration
process and GNU Savannah operation, but please be sure to search
first.  A good resource is:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly.

Regards.

Item status changes: