[Savannah-register-public] [task #11391] Submission of pyFormex

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11391] Submission of pyFormex
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 00:23:30 +0000

Hi Benedict -- looking at the .tar.gz, I just have a couple of comments:

1) install.txt, config.txt, and bumpix.txt all use "Linux" in some places to
refer to the GNU/Linux system.  I see "GNU/Linux" in other places, so I'm
guessing/hoping these are just oversights.  Can you change those?

I realize the name of bumpix is, unfortunately, "Bumpix Live Linux" (is that
your system?), so it wouldn't make sense to change that, but there could at
least be a caveat about the misnomer.

2) missing license statements.  It is best for each file greater than a dozen
lines or so have an explicit license statement.

In the case of the individual documentation files (both original source and
generated HTML), hopefully you can add the GPL notice as a comment somehow.

In the case of the scripts/* files, I know they are short, but since they are
code of a sort, I think it would be clearest to have a README in that
directory specifying a license for them too.

In the case of the images, an accompanying README stating the license is
best.

Similarly for any other files I missed ...

Best wishes,
Karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?11391>

  Message sent via/by Savannah