Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12367] Submission of GNU/consensus

From: hellekin (GNU Consensus)
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12367] Submission of GNU/consensus
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 01:42:23 -0300

On 12/27/2012 09:38 PM, Aljosha Papsch wrote:

> have you thought about starting a LibrePlanet interest group for this?

*** Yes, I considered using it, and intend to put the collaborative part
of the project there. My application is a bit flawed in the sense that
it registers as a "gnu.org website portion" but it's a bit larger than
that.

First of all, it's an official GNU project, and part of the strategy of
the GNU project to promote software freedom adoption in the nascent
field of social networking software, like GNU Education does it for
learning and academia.

Then, it will produce code at some point, or at least promote the
GNU-ification of existing or new projects that may become GNU packages.
So, it's an integral part of the GNU project itself, to create a
consistent free operating system.

One of the long-term objectives is to foster usage of GNUnet, a GNU
package, as the basic foundation to decentralize social networking,
along with other programs.

Cheers,

==
hk