[Savannah-register-public] [task #13649] Submission of Alignak

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13649] Submission of Alignak
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:39:23 +0000

Hello,

As I explained before, to comply with GNU Savannah's hosting requirements,
*EACH* file must have a clear copyright statement and license information.

If you had created a new package all by yourself (i.e. wrote ALL files by
yourself from scratch),
then adding mentioning the copyright and licenses for all files in a README
file
would be been somewhat acceptable (though still highly discouraged).

But you are forking an existing package written by others.
So for example, the files I've listed before:
   libexec/external_mapping.py

Contains a AGPLv3 license notice, and a mention that "this file is part of
Shinken".
But who is the copyright owner of this file?
I would assume that perhaps it is the "shinkin" project authors - but there is
no way to know.

That is why, especially with a project is written by multiple parties, it is
*required* that each file is clearly licensed and copyrighted.

PLEASE,
ensure all files have clear copyright statements and licensing information -
either by your or by the upstream project.

Regarding the usage of "Linux":
In the files that I've listed (and perhaps in others), the term "Linux" is
used in comments.
Those could and should be changed without affecting program execution.

Regarding excluding files:
If you intend to later add these files to Savannah (e.g. using git), then
these files should not be excluded.

To continue with project evaluation,
please upload an updated archive (i.e. a tarball, containing all files,
updated and not-updated) using the savannah web interface.

regards,
 - assaf

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13649>

  Message sent via/by Savannah