[Savannah-register-public] [task #13965] Submission of bash-core

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13965] Submission of bash-core
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:26:11 +0000

Hi - thanks for the submission.  I appreciate the concept of what you're
doing, but everything on savannah must be gpl-compatible.

1) the artistic license is only gpl-compatible due to the relicensing clause.
therefore you might as well use the gpl in the first place.

2) more importantly, any additional restrictions, however desirable or
well-intentioned, make a license incompatible.  if you think your amendments
should be ok in this regard, please write address@hidden -- it's not up to
us at savannah to make those decisions.

not crucial, but while i'm here, one more point: the name bash-"core" for a
group of extensions to bash does not make sense to me.  anyway, if the license
stuff can be figured out, i'm sure the name can be too.

thanksand happy hacking,
karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13965>

  Message sent via/by Savannah