[Savannah-register-public] [task #14778] Submission of TutoTerm

From: Félicien PILLOT
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14778] Submission of TutoTerm
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 08:12:19 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #17, task #14778 (project administration):

Hi Ineiev,

> I'm not quite sure what 'own' means. I perceive it as
> a bug of Gettext that affects your package.
>
> It's you who release a tarball, so you are fully responsible for every
> file in it: what if you use a tool that adds proprietary files to your
> tarball? Who else is in the position to make sure that such things
> can't happen?
>
> When a tarball contains files without proper copyright and license
> notices, it is technically undistributable; then, Savannah download
> area is automatically mirrored, so those who release undistributable
> files impose legal risks on mirror maintainers.

Oh, I didn't know..

./config.h.in ./Makevars and ./po/fr.po have now valid copyright & license
notices

> Will these notices persist after you add something to your package
> and run autoreconf?

I checked multiple times, and normally it doesn't get overwritten when any
runs "autoreconf", "intltoolize", etc.

> Agreed; what about ./data/icon/tutoterm.png?

./data/icon/README file wasn't listed in the EXTRA_DIST variable, so it had
been removed by "make distcheck". It should be good now.

The new revision is attached.

(file #42900)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: tutoterm-0.5-6.tar.gz          Size:452 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14778>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/