[Savannah-register-public] [task #14832] Submission of Megatest

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14832] Submission of Megatest
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:45:48 -0500 (EST)

The current author/maintainer of nanomsg, gdamore, made the following
comment:
========
I can see that the problem is that the "trademark" statement is in the actual
license text, and that may be what is upsetting. (Martin did that with
nanomsg. I never place trademark information in license files -- that
information belongs on printed matter where the name is actually used. So, if
you look at nng, I think you will find that it does not include the trademark
notice on anything except some of the documentation files.)

I would be amenable to ripping off the trademark statement from the license
statements. At present I own the trademark, so I think it would be ok for me
to make that decision, even for files that Martin originally authored.

If the savannah people have more questions about this, or advice on how to
proceed, please let me know. My main goal in the licensing is to make sure
that there are as few barriers to use of nanomsg and nng as possible, and if
this trademark statement is creating a barrier, that was assuredly never the
intent.
Please let me know what I can pass back to gdamore regarding addressing your
concerns about the trademark of nanomsg.

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14832>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/