[task #16406] Submission of CC Mode

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #16406] Submission of CC Mode
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 02:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #12, task #16406 (project administration):

> To do this, how about including something like the following text in
cc-mode.texi at an appropriate place:

> "Additionally, the examples of Lisp code in this document are placed in the
public domain, and may thus be freely copied, used, and modified for your
software."?

> Alternatively, why not licence the manual under both the GFDL and GPL3+?

Yes, these would be compliant with our hosting requirements.

[comment #10 comment #10:]

> Well, I seem to remember, about 10 years ago, a firm making and selling
"Hackintoshes" (Intel PCs loaded with Apple Macintosh OSs) was found guilty of
copyright infringement because they loaded each PC from a master they had
made, rather than from the individual Apple distribution media they shipped
with each PC.

I would guess that they had no permission to make a master in the first place;
both GPL and FDL do allow such things.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16406>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/