[Savannah-users] Re: on-going spam on savannah-users

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: on-going spam on savannah-users
Date: 17 Apr 2003 21:11:47 +0200

Paul Fisher <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:59:25PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> > Paul, can you confirmat that address@hidden is filtered?

> standard filtering applies.  Anything that SpamAssassin detects as
> spam is run through a TMDA confirmation process.
>
> We get tons of spam sent to gnu.org that never makes it through to the
> mailing lists.
>
> > I get the appropriate tags from spamassassin but as I receive these
> > mails via a @gnu.org address, I'm not able to determine if the list is
> > really filtered or if it's only my address.
>
> spamassassin tags are not passed along for mailman mailing list
> messages.  If a message is not detected as spam, or has successfully
> gone through the TMDA process, then the spamassassin tags are removed.

I think that spamassassin tags should not be removed. It provides to
mailing-list's subscribers informations they prove to be interested
in.

Personally, I understand them as I prefer getting a spam tagged as scanned
by spamassassin even if spamassassin thought it was not a spam than
getting a spam without any tags.

Spamassassin score messages and tell which tests was relevant to
etablish the score. It's usually interesting.

Also, people may have a rule in their procmail rc as the following, to
save CPU time avoiding rerunning spamassassin at home when it was
already done.

:0fw
* ! ^X-Spam-Status
| /usr/bin/spamassassin -P

In this regard, X-Spam-Status mail header is interesting.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy