Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:33:31 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 12. Sep 2006 schrieb Donn:

> Where do I put the tar file on Savannah? I would like to make it available
> for people to download so they can untar and install it.

Then put it into the download-area.
Read the section about the "Download Area" in the FAQ:
http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=Download_Area_-_How_do_I_add_files.txt

The CVS is just for plain source code.

> > > $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/fontypython co
> > > fontypython
> > > Connection closed by 199.232.41.69
> > > cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
> > > if any)
> > Looks okay.
> Why? It says "Connection closed" and "checkout aborted". Those don't sound
> okay.

I meant your entry looks okay - not the response.

It looks like an authorization problem. Are you sure that you imported
your public key correctly? Is your private key still accessible under

I don't really know, what your problem is. Maybe someone else can help you
better...

BTW. I am also just a normal user at savannah - but I had no problems
with the CVS.

--
AKFoerster