[Savannah-users] CVS update timeout problems

From: Otto Maddox
Subject: [Savannah-users] CVS update timeout problems
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:36:29 +0000

I'm unable to update sources from CVS for any savannah-based project.  Checking
out is fine, though.

For example, for emacs:

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co emacs
[works fine]
$ cd emacs
$ cvs -t update -d -P
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs
 -> Connecting to cvs.savannah.gnu.org(199.232.41.69):2401
[and then it takes ages to time out]

This happens from all machines on the network which I'm on, but it's OK from my
computer at home.  Also, it only seems to happen with savannah-based projects,
e.g., cvs update is fine for projects hosted at sourceforge.

Can anybody offer some advice on how to diagnose the problem, please?
--
  Otto Maddox
  address@hidden