RE: [Savannah-users] Probably newbie's questions... Build mynewproject

From: Peleg Michaeli
Subject: RE: [Savannah-users] Probably newbie's questions... Build mynewproject
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 23:15:44 -0000

Oh, my answer was to your personal address AND to the list. I'll avoid it in
the future.

Thanks for the links and the explanations, it was very helpful.
I am only sorry for the fact that it seems - now - that maybe Savannah, as
much as I appreciate it, won't be able to help me.

I'll give it a shot, but maybe I'll give up.

Moreover: it seems very complicated - using SVN (as a client and not as a
server) I have updated files on the server ("committed updates") using a
simple click with my mouse, on the specific folder that I wanted to update
(using TortoiseSVN software; that's software for windows, I guess...)

Anyway, just one more question: You said that I should "use CVS commands" -
how can I do it? Where - technically - can I type the commands?.. I feel
like I am missing something big, but I just can't figure out "where" is that
CVS that I should use (I have found only the browsing tools, and help files
that say what commands should I type, but didn't say where...)

Anyway, thanks also for the links.

---

Regarding your projects: sounds interesting, especially the first one.

Regarding hosting with CGI: I have found this Danish site: dotsrc.org, and
it looks like they are ready to host projects with these requirements; I
have asked them if they can host me (and now I am waiting for a reply).

Too bad they are sponsored by some giants like HP, but they look MUCH nicer
than sourceforge
(http://www.spain.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-10-20-01.en.html - awful!).

You can also try there, if you want.

Good luck and thanks again,