Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:41:14 +0100

Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> I think that there must be another way around this. Managing users
> seems to be a recurrent problem across many different systems at the
> FSF. I would imagine that the volunteers could come up with a
> universal system.

Simplicity and flexibility,

My current proposal to integrate the Savannah and GNU Herds login would even
not need a copy of the Savannah users to the gnuherds host.

It would require just a remote procedure call (RPC) script at each side,
Savannah, gnuherds host.  And each webapp tries to authenticate at the other
side via VPN if it does not get an OK querying the local data base.

So we would have at any or our free software webapps:

   Free Software user (Savannha, GNU Herds, ...)

       user:     [       ]
       password: [       ]

No more, no less.  And no, this is not the weak OpenID security.

--
We could be mistaken.  Please, as usual, let us know any option to choose.