[Savannah-users] Instant replication from web front-end to system

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-users] Instant replication from web front-end to system
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:48:55 +0000

We changed the way users and groups are replicated on the system (where they
are used for SSH access): now the system can query the database directly. This
means most account operations will be immediately effective (group
memberships), while others will only have a 5-minutes delay (ssh keys
updates).

There was some delays in replications for the past few days during the
switch, apologizes for that - it's better than before now :) We put efforts in
making sure this didn't change anything, though feel free to let us know if
you suspect something is going wrong.

Technically we're using libnss-mysql-bg as well as a few new Savane scripts.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/