Re: [Savannah-users] How do I make a release?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How do I make a release?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:38:27 +0200

2009/8/8 Bruce Korb <address@hidden>:
> It seems GPG won't let me sign my files any more.
>
> $ echo $password|gpg --batch --no-tty --passphrase-fd 0 --clearsign $file
> gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
> gpg: $file: clearsign failed: No secret key

Looks like your secret keyring is empty.
May be you can check using:

$ gpg --list-secret-keys

the secret keyring is usually in

~/.gnupg/secring.gpg

> Since I didn't do anything any different from the last I used this,
> I'm guessing that my new GPG installation has changed over the
> way it worked before.  Now, what?  Thanks - Bruce

Did you re-install your system or simply GPG?
If you did re-install your system you may have lost your secret keyring
during the re-install process?

If you miss the secret keyring you must restore it or create a new one.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org