[Savannah-users] Usability comment from a new user

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: [Savannah-users] Usability comment from a new user
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 01:09:10 -0400

Hello,

First let me say that I really like savannah. In fact, I even like it
a whole lot more suddenly. I just want to share my initial
frustrations. Octave has started to encourage use of the bug tracker
so I've been spending more time here. For whatever reason I didn't
realize that all those "empty boxes" expand when you click on them. I
just assumed those boxes were empty because I wasn't a "group member"
and didn't have permission to access the content/functionality.

Anyway, I expressed my frustration with the bug tracker interface
making it difficult to browse closed bugs as an aside on an octave
mailing list and someone suggested that I click to expand the "Display
Criteria" box. Needless to say my mind was blown and I feel like an
idiot for not realizing that on my own a week ago. I now know that the
(+) means "click to expand". Anyway I just wanted to let you know
about a small usability problem I had. Perhaps it would be possible to
add the "click to expand" text in there somewhere, or maybe I'm just
particularly dense. Anyway, I really like savannah and just wanted to
pass on this experience. Now that I know to expand the boxes, it's not
a problem anymore.

--judd