Re: [Savannah-users] Reading bug reports upside down

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Reading bug reports upside down
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:22:35 +0100

> It's a bad default for people that look at a bug the first time, but if
> you always watch the bug, then it is convenient to have the latest
> comments close to the top.

On not-first time I skip until I find an already read comment, then read
from there to the beginning (scanning unread comments twice).  With
chronological order I skip until I find an unread comment and read the
rest in the same order.  So it could be better if there are very many
previously read comments (unless the page being big is a problem for the
browser).

Fortunately, this problem can be solved by subscribing by mail to the
bug (which makes the first read usability more important).