Re: [Savannah-users] Hosting project that depends on JWasm

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Hosting project that depends on JWasm
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:09:53 -0500

On 5 October 2011 11:07, xenu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wonder if project that depends on JWasm (which is released on OSI
> certified open source license - OpenWatcom License, I'm not sure if it's
> considered /free/ by FSF) in build processs can be hosted by non-gnu
> savannah. Project itself will be released on GPL license.

This seems problematic. At a glance, and I could be wrong, the
OpenWatcom license is GPL incompatible. It may still be free, but it
looks like a complicated license and I couldn't tell at a glance if
it's free or not. The FSF list of approved licenses doesn't seem to
mention this license. I suggest you contact address@hidden for a
more informed opinion. I have already CC'ed them here for your
convenience.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.