Re: [Savannah-users] git push -f

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] git push -f
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:46:53 -0700

Miles Bader wrote:
> [If somebody can do this for me locally on the savannah server, I've
> pushed the desired new master as a branch called "tmp" in the repo
> (srv/git/snogray.git).]

I can help.  I haven't seen your message to savannah-hackers yet but
see this one.

I see what you are trying to do and have flipped those branches
around.  I renamed master to master-old and renamed tmp to master so
that the master branch should now have your desired track to it.  I
will leave it that way for a while and then clean up by removing the
master-old one after a sufficient cooling period just in case.

All good now?

Bob