Re: [Savannah-users] Some help

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Some help
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:56:22 -0600

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Francisco Magallanes Díaz
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I'm here because I want to learn about programing and hacking. I found
> this great page by accident, I was trying to find a FTP proxy server to
> allow some apps run properly. I'm really intrested on learning about this
> topic but I would like a "basic guid" or something because I consider my
> actual knowledges in a basic. I would really appreciate some help.
> Thank you.
>
> A T T E:
>
> Francisco Magallanes Díaz

Hi Francisco,

While most people on this mailing list know some programming and many
hack together programs, this is probably not the best mailing list to
learn about programming. Each project requires different skills, and
is likely to be in any of a dozen programming languages, so I would
suggest you first find a project you like, and then start learning the
specific skills.

If you would like to join a specific Free Software project that could
use help. A list of such projects can be found on this page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/people/?group=tasklist

Look for projects that are looking for a "developer", although it
might be easier to start as a tester or documentation writer. Visit
the project homepage, and when you find a project that interests you,
you can contact their developer mailing list with your offer of help.

Cheers,
Jan