Re: [Savannah-users] Need mailinglist provider

From: Manuel Reimer
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:50:06 +0200

Karl Berry wrote:
The purpose of savannah is ultimately to promote free software, per the
various items on https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php.
When the software is hosted somewhere else, it makes little sense for
savannah to just provide mailing lists, as far as I can see.

Depends on your goals. The software is "free software" and is currently licensed under MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-licensing.

If hosting is "outsourced", then this also means, that your resources are
spared.

... and even if I wanted to port completely over to Savannah, I wouldn't be able to do. I'm using "full-featured" hosting with PHP, CGI, Mysql and: Yes, I need that for my website. As far as I see, Savannah so far only hosts plain HTML, right?

How many additional services do I have to use if anything, I really need, is a mailing list to be able to get in touch with my users...?

And if impossible at all: Does someone know a good mailing list provider? Would pay for it if it isn't too expensive.

Thanks in advance

Yours

Manuel