Re: [Savannah-users] What about forking support, like on github?

From: Nikita Zlobin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] What about forking support, like on github?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:39:09 +0600

В Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:57:56 -0400
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> пишет:

> On 23 April 2013 09:46, Joel J. Adamson <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> >> There is nothing like this in Savannah. It was created for a
> >> different time. Its meant to be one-repo-per-project, back when
> >> SVN was considered high tech.
> >
> > I hope we can open this up to discussion.
>
> Oh, the discussion was never closed. I was just stating the status quo
> and why Savannah is the way it is. *Fixing* Savannah will require
> someone to hack it. Do you want to do it?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

After sime time, touching this resource, i see, that lack of support
for per-user repository space is even less important. If members may
create branches appart to just push, than some part of problem is
solved. Finally, i guess, it is not bad to keep copies on github? (or
other hosting, which allowes — i did not explore gitorious yet), when
savannah is used for main repo.

Honestly, main reason, caused me to search for alternative is fact, that
github is commercial. Launchpad is not, but with with same disfeature.