Re: [Savannah-users] mysql_result error

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] mysql_result error
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:05:07 -0600

Cojocaru Alexandru wrote:
> after changing the Tracker permissions I saw this message at the top of the
> page:
>  Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 50 in
>  /usr/src/savane/frontend/php/include/database.php on line 313

Thank you for reporting the error.  Unfortunately that particular line
number 313 is very generic and could apply to anything.  It is just a
wrapper routine.

313:  return mysql_result($qhandle,$row,$field);

The error is talking about row 0 so I imagine the error happened
previously with an incorrect $row=0.  But how did that happen?  It
would need someone to look through the code before it.  Wherever that is.

> The permissions have been successfully changed, but is the error serious?

If it is acting correct then things are probably okay.  I am not
familiar with that section of the code, I have never looked at it, and
so have no idea what is happening there.  It may have an error in a
section of code meant to display something and being only a display it
didn't create any real error because it wasn't writing anything.
Incorrect and a bug just the same however.

Please do keep reporting any strange things like this that you see.
There aren't enough resources to track down every error to root
cause.  But if we saw the same error three times in a row then that
would make it much more important to fix and we would make time.

Thanks,
Bob