Re: [Savannah-users] savannah.gnu.org certificate expired?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] savannah.gnu.org certificate expired?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:20:39 -0700

Paul Smith wrote:
> Jan Owoc wrote:
> > Paul Smith wrote:
> > > I'm getting a warning from my browser saying that the savannah.gnu.org
> > > HTTPS certificate has expired.
> >
> > I can confirm that my browser (Firefox) also thinks the certificate
> > expired about 6 hours ago. Does anyone know if it's the Savannah
> > Hackers or the FSF Sysadmins who would be responsible for generating a
> > new certificate?

Yep.  And I don't know.  I am looking into it starting right now.  But
since this was not scheduled I imagine it will take a bit to figure
out what should be happening and then more to actually do it.  I think
I remember reading that the FSF prefers some SSL signers over others
due to software free(dom)ness issues.  We need to figure that out and
then move forward to update it.  Actually installing a certificate is
trivial at that point.

> I filed a support request:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?108524

Yes.  Thanks for doing that!

> Of course I had to accept the out-of-date certificate to do it :-p :-)

Sigh.  :-(

Bob