Re: [Savannah-users] VCS server down

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] VCS server down
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:30:56 -0700

The vcs system was suffering from a system overload.  Caused by a
DDos?  Caused by an overload of normal usage?  It was impossible to
tell.  The FSF admins were aware of the problem and were working to
address the issue.  After an hour of tinkering the server became
usable again.  I wish I could say it was some specific problem but in
the end after working through multiple overload issues the overload
stopped.  Upgrading the servers has been a long discussed topic.

See the out of band status information page for up to the moment
status information.

  https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus

It may not be obvious to people but all of the version control
services (git, svn, cvs, hg, bzr, viewcvs, cgit, and so forth) all
live on the same vcs server.  Therefore when the server is overloaded
all vcs services are affected.

Bob