Re: [Savannah-users] Generate PPS signal to ntpd

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Generate PPS signal to ntpd
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:26:49 -0600

Henning Hakonsen wrote:
> I am trying to let gpsd talk to ntpd with u-blox gps. First an foremost I
> want the clock to be adjusted by the gps.

You have reached the Savannah Users mailing list.  We are the people
using Savannah and discuss sharing best practices on the GNU free
software forge.

But you are asking about gpsd and ntpd and u-blox and other things
that not Savannah.  That sounds like one of the projects hosted on
Savannah.

> Since my gps receiver does not support PPS on the serial port I am
> tracking the signal from my own program. I would also like to send
> this signal to ntpd, much like you are sending shmTime structs with
> information about the time.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me?

Not here.  But use Savannah to search for this project.  Go here:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/

Type "gpsd" into the projects search box in the left navigation area.
That will produce this project:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gpsd

Selecting the "Mailing lists" link at the top gets to this page of
mailing lists used by that project:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=gpsd

Try the gpsd-users mailing list.