Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie needs a little help

From: Pelle Hjek
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie needs a little help
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 23:40:11 +0100

Hi Rob,

> It appeared that GnuStep is the solution

This is the Savannah users mailing list. Perhaps people on the GNUstep list (
address@hidden ) will be able to provide better answers. You could try the IRC
channel #GNUstep on irc.freenode.net , too.

>    windows has stopped working   .....

Windows stopped working a looong time ago :-)
To try a working GNUstep setup, try out the GNUstep Live CD:
http://debian.ethz.ch/mirror/gnustep/

> I just now have started to need to build projects for the iPhone, using
> Windows 7

Apple's App Store censors all free software, and so Apple iThings have to be
"jailbroken" to run free software. Avoid the App Store; it is bad for your
freedom.
See https://www.fsf.org/iphone and https://stallman.org/apple

Supposedly, it's also possible to use Eclipse if you want to use free software
to write Objective-C programs:
http://www.pjtrix.com/iphone/articles/eclipse-cdt/os-eclipse-iphone-cdt-pdf.pdf

--
🖅  with 💞 using 🐕 on 🐚 🐃/🐧 !