Re: [Savannah-users] SVN commit problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SVN commit problems
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 14:46:45 -0700

Hello Steve,

Steve White wrote:
> Hi,  since yesterday I've been getting errors on svn commit:
>
> Sending  ... <sends all files>
> Transmitting file data ...done
> Committing transaction...
> svn: E000037: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E000037: Can't get exclusive lock on file
> '/srv/svn/freefont/db/txn-current-lock': No locks available

There appears to be a process of yours still running attached to that file.

> It doesn't happen every time, but for some hours now I've been unable
> to commit anything.

It seems that there are two processes hanging around attached to that
file.  I can only guess that some networking glitches between your
client and the server has left some processes unclosed.  They should
timeout eventually but the timeout is long to accomodate people
working on slow connections.

> This appears to be a server issue.  Please have a look at it.

I have killed off the two processes I saw of yours that were attached
to that file.  That should release the locks for it and you should be
able to get a new semaphore lock now.  But there is nothing that would
prevent this from happening again.  If it happened once then it could
happen again.  Please let us know if it does and we can deal with it
again then.

Bob