[Savannah-users] Partial DNS problem to resolve A record of savannah.gnu

From: Jens Schleusener
Subject: [Savannah-users] Partial DNS problem to resolve A record of savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:16:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

on a leased server it's suddenly today no longer possible to resolve the A record of savannah.gnu.org while on my home PC there are no such problems (besides of my default provider nameserver I tested also the Google servers google-public-dns-a.google.com and google-public-dns-b.google.com).

The provider of the leased server gives on my inquiry the following answer (the translation to English may not perfect):

 Since our nameservers validate DNSSEC and on the side of gnu.org are
 errors in the DNSSEC configuration our nameservers cannot resolve that
 domain: http://dnsviz.net/d/savannah.gnu.org/dnssec/

And indeed the mentioned page complains:

 Errors: The NS-bit was nor set in the bitmap of the NSEC RR
 corrresponding to the delegated name (savannah.gnu.org)

and

By the way the A record of for e.g. www.gnu.org is on the mentioned server resolvable.

Sorry, I am a complete DNSSEC layman and want only report that problem.

Jens