schemix-devel

Re: [Schemix-devel] 2.4.20 schemix just echoing expressions

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Schemix-devel] 2.4.20 schemix just echoing expressions
Date: 22 May 2003 23:35:00 +0100

Dr William Bland <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 02:10:20PM +0100, Nic wrote:
> >
> > I built a 2.4.20 kernel with schemix enabled but I'm not getting the
> > result I exepected when I follow the example on the web site:
> >
> >  $ echo "(display (+ 1 2 3))" > /dev/schemix
> >  $ cat /dev/schemix
> >  (display (+ 1 2 3))
> >

> Hmm.  That is odd.  Are you *sure* you have Schemix installed
> properly?  I only ask because what you describe is what would
> happen on a system that had never even heard of Schemix.  The
> same would happen for any device name:

I definitely installed it correctly. I used your patch file on the
kernel source.

However, comparing the patched files against your recent
instructions it seems that there is a difference. I presume you've
just changed some of the config though.

I'll try and install the new version and see what happens.

Nic