scim-user

[Scim-user] SCIM gnome language setting

From: Danny Yu
Subject: [Scim-user] SCIM gnome language setting
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 06:54:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

  I'm using SCIM for some apps which required Chinese
character input. However, I need to setup the desktop
language to chinese font in terminal before launch
those apps in order to make SCIM works properly. The
language setting I did is:

# LANG=zh_TW.Big5; export LANG

  I would like to maintain my default gnome language
(LANG=en_US.UTF-8). Any solution eg SCIM permanent
setting which doesn't required manual reset of LANG  &
would not affecting my default gnome english language
desktop? Pls advise.

--danny