screen-devel

[screen-devel] [Partial patch] Use posix_openpt() where available

From: Ed Schouten
Subject: [screen-devel] [Partial patch] Use posix_openpt() where available
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:25:57 +0100

Hello,

I just looked through screen's source code and I saw that it tries
almost any way to open up a PTY, except for the only way described in
POSIX, namely posix_openpt():

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/posix_openpt.html

We can just call posix_openpt() and ptsname() to obtain a PTY and figure
out its name.

I've attached a really simple patch to fix screen to use posix_openpt(),
but I didn't add the autoconf parts, because for some reason, it gave a
lot of strange errors on my box. We can only use this code if
posix_openpt() and ptsname() are available. If someone else is willing
to add those bits for me, that would be great.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <address@hidden>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/