screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Requested feature: reduce bloat!

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Requested feature: reduce bloat!
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:58:05 -0400

* David Douthitt had this to say on [30 Oct 2008, 13:41:39 -0500]:
[snip]

> How about we *strip out* some of the "features" and get screen back to
> lean and mean instead of turning it into some sort of monster...

Please submit patches at the Savannah ticketing system at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=screen (I am assuming you are
serious about contributing, judging by the use of 'we' in there)

The patches should be done in a way that allows users to disable
features at compile time, instead of simply blindly removing features
that other people might be interested in playing with.

You can also try playing with SIMPLESCREEN.

dotdotdot

Cheers,
Sadrul