screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Another feature request

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Another feature request
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:55:42 -0400

* Micah Cowan had this to say on [31 Oct 2008, 14:04:34 -0700]:

> David Douthitt wrote:
[snip]

> > Also, since lua scripting is in the wings.... what about making the
> > connection to lua "clean" so one could add tcl if they like?
> > Somebody will like that :)
>
> It's worth looking into, at the very least. Vim, of course, has Perl and
> Python support (and perhaps others). I'm more familiar with Python than
> Lua, myself. And, to be perverse, I might find a Haskell binding to be
> useful.

The current implementation uses an abstraction layer to make this
possible. The relevant bits for interested folks are in script.c,
script.h and lua.c in
http://repo.or.cz/w/screen-lua.git?a=tree;f=src;h=0de201e36ae009916295a935f875b9e23aec1e6c;hb=fdf5fa08a9796118e66a07a4dd2c67b5ca227702

Cheers,
Sadrul