screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:54:05 -0500

* address@hidden had this to say on [10 Dec 2009, 15:50:29 -0700]:

> I'm working on rewriting the description of the resize command in the
> manual. I have all of the behavior figured out except for the -p and -l
> switches. I see that they're different from -h and -v in that they seem
> to take split ordering into consideration. H stands for horizontal, v is
> for vertical, but what does p and l stand for? Primary? Parent? Previous?
> TIA

-p stands for 'perpendicular', it seems. So if the current region is in a
vertical split, it will [try to] resize the height, where by default, for
a vertial split it will resize the width.

-l stands for current 'layer', if you will, or the top-most split the
current region is part of. [ask away if you need more clarification!]

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, I added a 'dump' subcommand to
layout. So you can create complex split grids and save them in a screenrc
so you don't have to continually use the commands to restore the layout.
(And also, perhaps you can update the doc for that? :-) )

Cheers,
Sadrul