screen-devel

[screen-devel] new screen -list features

From: richo
Subject: [screen-devel] new screen -list features
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:08:01 +1000

I am looking to implement some new features in screen. I'd like some feedback
on my idea before I begin.

The feature I am looking for is a new flag to extend the output of -ls (-le =
list extended?) to show the title of each window of each session, and in the
case of an attached session, the pty(s) to which it is attached.

I have had a quick browse of the source and this doesn't look terribly
difficult to implement.

Is there anything I should know before I begin, or anything you would
add/remove?

I am also unsure which codebase on which to work, I have the source from the
freeBSD port, the source from the debian package (Which includes vsplits) and
the trunk I retrieved from Savannah. None of them seem to have an obvious
parent <> child relationship with one another, and the fBSD port is the only
one which builds on BSD, which is where I do a significant amount of work.

Applying the debian 01CVS.dpatch patch from their packaged source allowed me
to build a screen with vsplit support on BSD, so presumably I can apply this
patch to that source to give me a build that does what I need but this seems
hackish.

Thanks in advance.

richo
--