screen-devel

[screen-devel] Color problem with screen-256color $TERM

From: Janne Jokitalo
Subject: [screen-devel] Color problem with screen-256color $TERM
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 05:38:23 +0200

Hi all,

a little while ago I started to use weechat instead of irssi for IRC, because it
supports 256 colors. I spent some time in tweaking its configuration so that it
would mimic all the good features of irssi that I liked, but then stumbled upon
a problem I could not easily resolve.

Specifically, this was a problem with underlining highlighted messages. In
weechat, you can achieve this by setting:

weechat.color.chat_highlight = _<color>

Initially this worked, but then when I tried to utilize screen, the underlining
disappeared. After some investigation, it turned out to be a problem in terminfo
for screen-256color.

I resolved this for me by removing:

no_color_video#3

...which I noticed was missing from xterm-256color, when I compared the outputs
of:

$ infocmp -L [screen|xterm]-256color

I wrote back the corrected output into a file, and "reloaded" (in search of a
correct term) it by:

$ tic terminfo.src

I was advised to send this email after consulting twb on #screen. Please CC me
on possible replies if you need more info, as I'm not subscribed to the list.
Thanks!

Best regards,

--
Jaska (aka astraljava @ irc.freenode.net)