screen-devel

[screen-devel] Any plans for a screen release before christmas?

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: [screen-devel] Any plans for a screen release before christmas?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 02:00:16 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if there are plans to make a screen release before christmas?
Because in that case, I'm probably be able to get the current
improvements from
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=screen-v4 into the
next Debian Stable release.

The freeze for new upstream releases is on 5th of January 2017 and to be
included, new upstream releases must have migrated from Debian
Unstable to Debian Testing before that date. Given the 10 days
migration period, the last chance for an upload would be on
2016-12-24, preferable earlier so that there's a chance to fix
potential issues like unexpected build failures, etc. in time.

P.S.: I don't want you to hurry because of that. I primarily want to
make you aware of the freeze deadline in case you're planning a
release anyways. Releasing the next Debian Stable with screen 4.4.0
isn't bad either as I've cherry-picked a few stability patches from
the screen-v4 branch (like "fix crash with long $TERM") already.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)