screen-devel

[screen-devel] Ignoring logfile from .screenrc

From: Josef Ridky
Subject: [screen-devel] Ignoring logfile from .screenrc
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:54:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks,

I have question about $SUBJ. I am not sure, if is it bug, or just PEBCAK.

version of screen: 4.5.0

If I try to do this:

1.echo 'logfile ~/screenlog.%n' > ~/.screenrc
2.screen -L
3.look for log file in home directory

Actual results:
log file is missing

When I use

screen -L screenlog.%n (but before I have to remove logfile line from .screenrc
file)

it will create 2 files:
  screenlog.%n which is empty (created by checking procedure) and file
screenlog.0 with log.

So question is, is value for logfile from .screenrc file ignored right now?

Regards

Josef Ridky
Associate Software Engineer
Core Services Team