screen-devel

[screen-devel] Screen 4.6.2: ./configure fails Cross-Compiling to ARM (X

From: Ben Kamen
Subject: [screen-devel] Screen 4.6.2: ./configure fails Cross-Compiling to ARM (Xilinx Zynq)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:04:52 -0600

Hey all, not sure if the users list is very active or appropriate for this
question (I tried there first, but so far no response).

So if it's ok to ask here.... here's my email to the user's list:

> Quick question and hopefully I can be on my way.... my target is a Xilinx
> Zynq ARM/FPGA and I've been fine cross compiling other things using a script
> to set up where my libraries/compiler live and then running configure (inside
> the script).
>
> It looks like the test for <minix/config.h> check is where things fail.

I updated this to include the ./configure output which says:

> this is screen version 4.6.2
> checking for arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc... arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
> checking whether arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none
> needed
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc -E
> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
> checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
> checking whether arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc needs -traditional... no
> checking for library containing strerror... none required
> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking minix/config.h usability... no
> checking minix/config.h presence... no
> checking for minix/config.h... no
> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
> configure: error: in
> `/d1/home/bkamen/workspace-xilinx/uZed-BSP/components/apps/screen/screen-4.6.2':
> configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details

I should add, my Xilinx dev environment is CentOS 6.9 -- although the tools
being used (the entire cross-compile environment) is PetaLinux 2015.4 (I know,
old. But once something works in Xilinx, you don't usually want to change tools
unless REALLY necessary or you have lots of time to work out the stuff that
breaks.)

Anyway -- let me know what else I can provide.

Thanks!

 -Ben