different TERMCAP during/after .screenrc

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: different TERMCAP during/after .screenrc
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:27:13 -0700

I'm having a problem with emacs, and I'm 99% sure it is exposing a bug in screen (or in my perception).

I have a script start an instance of screen before I open a terminal window. At this point, TERM is /not/ set. As expected, screen sets TERM when it starts, as well as TERMCAP. In my screenrc file I have it start a copy of emacs. In this copy of emacs, control-s does not work, at all. "s" does work, though. If I quit emacs, then do "screen -t Emacs 30 emacs", then control-s /does/ work.

I dumped the environment from before screen is started by my startup script, from inside screenrc, and then from after I have attached to it.

http://projects.gaelicWizard.net/environment_before_screenrc
http://projects.gaelicwizard.net/environment_during_screenrc
http://projects.gaelicwizard.net/environment_after_screenrc

It seems like the only difference between during and after is the TERMCAP value, which as I understand it should /not/ be different.

Thanx for any help,
JP

----
It's all fun and games 'til someone writes to a NULL pointer!