Re: Description of window flags (specifically "$")

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Description of window flags (specifically "$")
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:37:30 -0500

* Christian Taylor <address@hidden> [2005-02-03 17:43 +0100]:
> I can't find a description of the window flags anywhere in the screen
> manual. Googling doesn't help either.

Yeah, generic names like "screen" make Google searches a bit difficult.
:)

The window flags appear to be documented in the man page under the
'windows' command:

  Each window is listed by number with the name of process that has been
  started in the window (or its title); the current window is marked with
  a ‘*’; the previous window is marked with a ‘-’; all the windows that
  are "logged in" are marked with a ‘$’; a background window that has
  received a bell is marked with a ‘!’; a background window that is being
  monitored and has had activity occur is marked with an address@hidden; a
window
  which has output logging turned on is marked with ‘(L)’; windows
  occupied by other users are marked with ‘&’; windows in the zombie state
  are marked with ‘Z’.

--- --
#define NULL 0           /* silly thing is, we don't even use this */
                       -- perl.c, perl source code