Re: How to include PWD into hardstatus line?

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: How to include PWD into hardstatus line?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 03:20:02 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Phil!Gregory wrote:

* Rusty Shackleford <address@hidden> [2005-02-11 16:03 +0000]:
I tried adding $PWD to my hardstatus, but that seemed to store the
initial directory and not update as I moved around.  I couldn't find a %
symbol for the current directory.

There's not really a good way to do what you want, though I'll provide
something of a hack in a bit.

i use %h in the hardstatus (the hardstatus of the shell/term) and use the "ESC]0;<string>^G" escape in my prompt to set pwd and such in the hardstatus. No problems with the overwrite problems Phil mentioned, but programs running in screen could of cource use this escape themselves...

--
  Peder Stray