Re: TTY, PWD, and other useful strings in hardstatus, shelltitle, etc

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: Re: TTY, PWD, and other useful strings in hardstatus, shelltitle, etc
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:00:38 -0500

Peter/all,

Jason White made a patch to 4.0.2 that creates %T asan escape code that
will echo the TTY.  Nice.  I'd love nothing more than to patch my code
on all of my servers!

I just created a ebuild (since I'm on Gentoo) to automatically apply the patch. I have several local (i.e. overriding) ebuilds that I automatically copy over to new machines I set up, so I just added it to that list. I'm sure similar solutions could be employed for rpm and/or apt-get.

Is there any chance the patch might make into the official codebase, thus rendering the issue moot?

                -- Buddy