Re: omit current window on scroll in split-screen

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: omit current window on scroll in split-screen
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:57:50 -0600

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:05PM -0500, Brian Mathis wrote:
>Michael Schroeder wrote:
>in say the top screen,
>>>it would be nice if screen did not select the same window as currently
>selected in the bottom.
>>
>> Good idea, I'll implement this. (Or does somebody else object to this
>> proposal?)

  I think this is a great idea, but will this include any window that's part
  of a split?  I typically have my 80x57 xterm split into four areas, and
  while there is a clear 'top' and 'bottom' window, I don't want to see any
  of the windows in the middle as well.

>I think it's a great idea, but one should be able to explicitly select
>that window by using <command># if you wanted to have the same one shown
>twice.

  Agreed.

-Jason

--
Jason White (address@hidden)        http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite
Jabber:jdwhite(jabber.org)              IRC:irc.netbsd.org/{jdwhite,jdw}