Re: Reestablishing ssh connections via screen: Conclusion

From: Eric D. Hendrickson
Subject: Re: Reestablishing ssh connections via screen: Conclusion
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:50:08 -0500

I don't understand why you don't just run one ssh session to the
server, and run screen there with as many windows as you need for all
the applications you are using, etc.

When your notebook goes into hibernation, either start a new ssh
connection or use the autossh as below to resume your ssh connection
to the server, and recover your screen with screen -r or screen -x.

Everything is still there as it was since only that one ssh connection
was affected by your notebook hibernation and screen went into the
background when the ssh connection was lost.

See the man page for more details on -r and -x.

Personally, I use screen -A -x almost daily.

Best regards,
Eric Hendrickson