Using PuTTY and automatic clipboard pasting app

From: Jesper Forsberg
Subject: Using PuTTY and automatic clipboard pasting app
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:51:50 +0200

Hello members

I'm hoping you can help me figure out a solution to this little
problem I've encountered. It may seem trivial, but I might run in to
this again, and it will probably help out others too.

So far, I've only been able to try this out by using Windows with
PuTTY and Nutty to connect to a Linux box running a 2.6 gentoo kernel.
Although I've heard of others with the same problem.

The application I'm using is copying a string to the clipboard, and
pastes this into the active window. When this is done, the output I
get in screen is just one single character. The '0' character,
otherwise known as a zero. To verify that this is a screen related
problem, I've tried detaching screen - pasted again, and the output
looked just the way it should. No zero, opposed to before.

A regular paste, using either the mouse or keyboard, will produce
normal results in screen. So I'm guessing there might be a combination
problem between the application I'm using and screen.

Footnote:
I'm using the AMIP plugin (http://amip.tools-for.net) for Winamp

Best regards, and thank you for reading my problem,
- Jesper