Re: question regarding the detection of ssh connections with screen

From: Martin Hauser
Subject: Re: question regarding the detection of ssh connections with screen
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 21:44:57 +0100

Hello Thomas,

[...]
> Just set the current window's title to "remotehost"?
>
> ctrl-a A

the thing was that i didn't want to do it by hand, but thanks anyway.

> Or even better:
> Use
>    ssh address@hidden -all -other -options
> and
> function ssh() {
>    echo -n -e "\033k$1\033\\"
>    /usr/bin/ssh "$@"
>    echo -n -e "\033kzsh\033\\"
> }

that is neat. Couldn't we use a similiar escape sequence to put it into
a certain point of the hardstatus line? Just of curiousity, this thing
does the job.

> (This asumes zsh, but should also work fine in bash)

using it, so that'll be fine.

Thank you

Martin

--
Martin Hauser <address@hidden>
GPG-Encrypted mail preferred, KEY: 0D459A72