Re: new commands: sockdir, status

From: Rafal Maszkowski
Subject: Re: new commands: sockdir, status
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:31:37 +0100

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 04:59:32PM +0100, Xavier Nicollet wrote:
> Le 09 novembre 2005 ? 14:01, Rafal Maszkowski a écrit:
> > sockdir local|shared
> > shared means that the sockets directory may be shared between various hosts
> > and
> > screen -wipe command will NOT wipe non-local sockets.
> Ok, if I understand clearly, it is usefull if your screen socket is in your
> home
> and it is shared with nfs, right ?

Yes. I could actually add this remark to the modified man page.

> > status [ top | up | down | bottom ] [ left | right ]
> > The status window by default is in bottom-left corner. This command can move
> > status messages to any corner of the screen. top is the same as up, down is
> > the
> > same as bottom.
> I guess it could be adapted to provide two status bars (one on top and
> one on bottom) as requested by some.

I did not know about this thread, I just have subscribed to the list. It should
be quite easy to make additions by just duplicating some lines in display.c
(the ones I was changing). Complete solution could extend news status command
syntax to

status [top|up|down|bottom] [left|right] [[top|up|down|bottom] [left|right]]...

and one could display even four statuses, one in each corner. This would need
some more work, especially in process.c and changing the variables keeping the
status position into vectors.

R.
--
Jeżeli upadnie cywilizacja zachodnia, to będzie szansa na odbudowę cywilizaji
     chrześcijańskiej. (dr Stanisław Krajski, Radio Maryja, 10 X 2001)