Re: termcap-query feature

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: termcap-query feature
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:55:47 +0100

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:49:29AM -0600, Joel Leyh wrote:
> Greetings. I use VIM in 88 color mode with xterm, and usually, it
> works fine. I compile both with the termcap-query feature enabled.
> When I use screen, VIM no longer displays with 88 colors, so I'm
> assuming it's not able to communicate with xterm. Is there a way to
> make this work with screen?

If currently fails for two reasons.

1) screen can't deal with the sequences. This isn't so hard to
   implement, so it'll probably work in the next version.
2) vim must request the sequences. Vim currently checks if $TERM
   eq 'xterm' and does a version query to check if the xterm version
   if new enough. vim should be patched to be able to deal with
   screen.

Hmm, maybe screen should also be patched to try a xterm query.
But AFAIR default xterm doesn't support it.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden